Roku is known for selling a wide array of streaming devices that are specifically designed to connect to your TV and deliver you the best-in-world entertainment services. If you have a Roku device with you, you don’t need to further invest in a cable service as will be your ultimate entertainment partner. With a Roku device by your side, you can being-watch videos from sources like HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Hulu, and more. However, before you can do so, you need to hook up or link your Roku with the TV.
For the same purpose, you need to navigate to the roku.com/link platform and complete some easy steps. But, for some users, it may not be as simple as it sounds because you need to follow some easy steps before you can begin with this process. Once you successfully connect your TV with the Roku streaming device, you will be able to stream your favorite shows on the go.
For useful and effective instructions on how to hook up Roku, complete the instructions given in the section that follows.
The steps given below will walk you through a simple process to connect or link up your Roku device with the TV. This will allow you to begin streaming your favorite shows as fast as possible:
- First of all, you need to connect your Roku using the HDMI cable.
- Plug the same cable on your TV as well.
- Those who have a Roku streaming stick can attach the stick directly to the TV without the HDMI cable.
- Then, you need to connect your Roku to the AC adapter included in it.
- It’s time to set the TV to the correct Roku device to establish a connection.
- As soon as you do so, you will see the Welcome screen of Roku.
- Now, take your Roku remote and make sure it is working.
- Pair the Roku remote with the TV if it isn’t already paired.
- With it, you need to choose the ‘Language’ and set your internet connection.
- Select the ‘set up a new wireless connection’ in the next step.
- Choose your network from the resulting list and enter the passkey for it.
- Now, Roku will install the necessary updates.
- After that, navigate to roku.com/link from your phone.
- Enter the Roku link code to hook up your Roku.
- If prompted, enter the Roku login credentials.
You can also give Roku a nickname of your choice, but this is completely optional. However, this comes in handy if you have multiple Roku devices. Once the process ends, Roku will ask you to enable channels of your choice and set them up automatically. For this automatic setup, you have to click on the ‘Continue’ option.
As soon as the setup process begins, you need to set back, relax, and have patience as the process might take more than usual to complete. These were some of the important details on how to hook up Roku. I hope that you have found this article helpful as it effectively gives deep insights on how to link the Roku device with your TV/monitor. For more such informative posts related to Roku, you can navigate to our ‘Blog‘ and explore through some useful topics.