“Roku activation with ESPN not working” is the issue raised by several Roku users who wish to stream through their favorite sports channels on their Roku device. Probably, this might be happening because of an internal error, your subscription doesn’t include ESPN, or you have not activated it in a correct manner. However, this is not an issue to worry about.
You may have a look at the following procedure to learn about the proper way of activating ESPN/ESPN+ on a Roku. If you follow this process in a sequential way, then you will not come across the “ESPN Roku activation not working” issue for sure.
One can easily have the ESPN app on his Roku. Through this app, they can easily stream through ESPN networks, live events, shows, as well as ESPN+ services. So, without making any delay, let us jump right into the procedure for knowing the correct installation and activation steps.
Before you begin, ensure if you qualify for ESPN
There are certain pre-requisites to stream ESPN on Roku. The first thing you should do for learning about the same is to ensure that you have subscribed to a TV provider that allows you to stream ESPN. Later, you need to try to install ESPN on Roku by following the instructions given below and see if it gets installed or not.
Steps to Install ESPN on Roku
In case you haven’t already installed ESPN, then you need to do it using the instructions given below. There are two methods to link ESPN to your Roku device. You can either do it via your computer or via the mobile device.
- At first, you need to navigate to the home screen of Roku.
- After that, go to the ‘Sports’ category and select ‘Streaming Channels’.
- Then, you need to find ESPN by searching for it.
- Else, use the search bar to find it.
- Then, select ‘ESPN’ from the search result and press OK.
- After that, select ‘Add channel’ and press OK.
Further, go to the home screen of your Roku, and find out if ESPN appears in your Channels list or not. If it is there, then move to the activation.
Steps to Activate ESPN or ESPN+
- Go to the Channels list, locate ESPN there, and open its home screen.
- After that, click on the gear icon to access the settings menu.
- Now, you need to select the ‘Provider Account’.
- Then, select ‘Activate Live TV’ from the given options.
- Next up, you will see the activation code on your screen.
- Make sure to use the activation code within a few minutes, else it will expire.
- Then, go to espn.com/activate from your mobile device or computer.
- Enter the activation code that you received earlier.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button and you will land to ‘Choose Provider’ screen.
- Select the desired option from the list and sign in to your service provider account.
To activate ESPN+
- First of all, you need to log in to your ESPN account.
- From your mobile device, go to espn/Roku from your device.
- Enter the Roku activation code which you received earlier.
- Hit the ‘Continue’ button and enter the account login credentials of ESPN+.
The activation will take a few seconds to complete after which you will be able to stream ESPN and ESPN+ on your Roku.