Be it any Roku player, you will get the remote control with the device for performing the Roku TV setup. However, unlike other remotes that you have used, the Roku remote uses the wifi to connect with the players. This clearly means that if you lose the remote, it stops working or you can’t watch your favorite movies. Fortunately, in this article, you will get the steps to Roku tv setup with no remote, without any interruptions. Here you will get to learn the steps to connect using a mobile hotspot. Follow the essentials to perform the Roku account setup. So let us start the topic and understand the basics of it.
To use the Roku player without the remote, just download the Roku app on the smartphone or the tablet. Just connect the device with the app to the same wifi network as the Roku player and select the devices in the app and tap the remote icon. So follow the steps given in this section:
- First of all, you need to download and install the Roku app. In the next step, you need to open the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Devices” option.
- The next step says that you have to select the “Roku” device.
- Just tap on the “Remote” icon.
- In the final step, you can use the remote on the app to control the Roku TV.
How to connect the Roku TV player to the App via mobile hotspot?
In order to connect the Roku player and the app on the new wifi network, all you need to do is to download the Roku app on another device and connect to the hotspot. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to set up the mobile hotspot on the device.
- Just give the hotspot a name and password of the last working network with which the Roku player is connected.
- Now, connect the other device with the hotspot.
- In the next step, you need to download and open the Roku app on another device.
- Go to the “Devices” and tap on the Roku player.
- In the next step, just tap on the remote icon.
- Use the remote on the app to go to the “Settings on the Roku device”.
- Select the “Network” option.
- After this, go to the setup connection and select the “Wireless” option.
- Tap on the “OK” button on your remote.
- After this, you have to select the new network available.
- Finally, you have to enter the wifi password and tap on the “Connect” option.
Point to remember: If this is a network that you will not be using from now then you have to write down the name and the password to connect the Roku player to the app using the hotspot. Remember, if you still have a Roku account setup without a remote, but it is not working then it is suggested to visit Roku.com/link.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
Get the essential steps to set up the Roku tv setup without a remote. Just go through each step and get the proper process for the same and for the Roku stick setup.
Frequently Answered Questions-
How to set up Roku Express?
It is important to understand that setting up a Roku express device is very easy. After you connect the Roku express box to the TV via HDMI cable and power the Roku express that includes AC Adapter, you have to turn the TV on and set it to the correct HDMI input for the Roku express. Just insert the batteries in the remote control and complete the setup.
How do I set up Roku Streaming Stick?
To set up a Roku streaming stick is a very straight forward and simple process. You just need to insert the Roku streaming stick which is unused and comes with HDMI input on the back of the television. Now, you have to turn the TV and set it to the correct HDMI input for the streaming stick. After this, insert the batteries and use the remote control.
How do I connect my Roku to dorm WiFi?
To connect Roku to dorm Wifi you need to go to the “Settings” option and then tap on the “Network” after this, set up the connection. Now, just select the “Wireless” option and choose the hotel or dorm wireless network. Go in the network connection help box and select the option labeled as “I am at a hotel or college dorm